REMEMBER TO JOIN US!
As a learning organisation - we love sharing knowledge. Sign up for tips on making your law firm website and digital marketing even more effective.
In this article I’m going to take you through a tried and tested method of how to create clear messages on your law firm website with a unique value proposition.
So far you have learnt who your potential clients are and understand their intent. I’d like to go onto the next step and that’s what needs to happen when they land on your website. First, allow me to frame how potential clients find your website, this can be;
- Via Google after asking a specific question.
- Or they arrive on your landing page from paid advertising.
- Or from a post on social.
- From email newsletter.
- Links from external websites.
- Direct - visitors who already know your website address.
I’d like to start with evidence based research, it gives the backbone to everything we do. Over 50% of your website traffic comes from organic searches we know when they find your website;
- They don’t want to be made to think.
- They will have a task in mind.
- The majority are researching their problem.
What happens when potential clients land on your law firm website?
On the assumption they have come from a search engine they will be leaning about your law firm for the first time. So you need to confirm they have landed in the right place in a very short space of time. We do this with a “Unique Value Proposition” not only will this tell them who you are but also how you solve their problem.
Once this has been completed they know they have landed on the correct website and can start navigating through the content they came for.
Remember not all website visitors land on your homepage, so you need to consider your messaging for all landing pages.
Let’s get back to the messaging and how to get that bit right for your law firm website.
Your value proposition is one of the most important conversion factors and is the first thing your potential clients should see on your law firm website. Your message should be understood by them in 5 seconds – remember your value proposition is not a slogan or positioning statement.
Creating a value proposition will allow your customers to see your competitive advantage by clearly articulating why someone would want to work with your law firm over your competitors.
Here are a few helpful tips on how to create your Unique Value Proposition;
- Make a list of all the benefits your law firm offerings.
- Clearly describe what makes these benefits valuable in as few words as possible.
- Define your potentials clients' main challenge and how you solve it.
- Differentiate from your competitors.
The image above describes the key 4 features of your Unique Value Proposition.
Here is a sample Unique Value Proposition (UVP) template to start with.
You may want to try the same template below;
- For ____________ (target customer)
- who ____________ (statement of the need or opportunity)
- our (law firm offering name) is ____________ (category)
- that (statement of benefit) ____________ .
- For tech start-ups
- who need to form a company with shareholder agreements and policy documents in a rush
- our simple online “tech start-up package”
- gives you a legal piece of mind to start trading.
Download and complete a Lean Canvas below - this video will help explain how to do it.
You don’t need to complete all the sections – this is just about creating your unique value proposition. You can find some other samples here
Remember if you are creating landing pages for each your offerings then you need to create a UVP for each offering.
There are other methods and techniques to help convert like “Unique Selling Points” Make an emotional connection with your values and people I’ll talk more about this here.