In-Page Analytics allows you to view how customers use your website and can provide interesting data about site layout and usage. To get started, you may want to get a Chrome browser extension and add to your Google Analytics tracking scripts.
When you have installed the extension log into Google Analytics - click on "Behaviour" and then "In-Page Analytics". From your homepage, you can see what links your customers click on. Remember just navigate around your website and In-Page Analytics will display all the corresponding data for that specific page.
It will give you an insight into:
- Is my site optimised for our website goals?
- Are my customers engaging with the content I created for them?
- Are they getting what they are looking for?
- Are calls to action working?
- What are the most popular links?